For those of us who delight in one of Singapore’s national pastimes – eating – just the thought of the foods around the Visionaire EC is enough to whet one’s appetite. Sembawang is a foodies’ haunt, home to some of the best known favourite eating places, with a mix of hawker classics juxtaposed against a growing cafe culture.
The Visionaire EC · Old Time Favourites Hawker Fare
If you come to live at the Visionaire EC, here is a quick list of tempting places to get your fix of hawker food:
- Chong Pang Market & Food Centre @ 104 Yishun Ring Rd
One of the favourite haunts of residents. Offers a wide choice of local hawker classics.
- Chong Pang Nasi Lemak @ 447 Sembawang Rd
Famous nasi lemak. Even has its own website www.chongpangnasilemak.com
- Sum’s Kitchen & Hong Kong Roasted Meats @ 3 Jalan Legundi
- Sembawang White Beehoon @ 22 Jalan Tampang
- 928 Yishun Laksa @ #01-155 Blk. 928 Yishun Central 1
- Chye Lye Fish Head Curry @ 1 Jalan Legundi
- Yishun 925 Hainanese Chicken Rice @ #01-249 Blk. 925 Yishun Central 1
- Ngee Fou Restaurant @ 928 Upper Thomson Rd
People come from all around the island for their really tasty Hakka Yong Tau Foo, so unlike that elsewhere.
The Visionaire EC · The Cafe Culture
When you tire of hawker fare, there are lots of new cafes for a change, and even specialty ice cream parlours. Victory 8 at 8 Jalan Legundi is home to some of them. Something similar to the cafes at Holland Village, close to the Hyll on Holland showflat, that will showcase the launch of the Hyll on Holland condominium.
- Holy Cow Creamery, #01-291 292 Yishun St. 22
A hip & cool ice cream specialist, with its refreshingly unusual recipes. Like its best-selling handmade salted gula melaka ice cream. See www.facebook.com/HolyCowCreamery.sg
- Mootime @ #01-05 Victory 8
Ice-cream seems to inspire refreshingly apt names. Also serves gourmet flavours, waffles and desserts. www.facebook.com/mootimesg
- The Daily Scoop @ #01-05 Sembawang Cottage, 369 Sembawang Rd
New arrival. Another apt name. www.thedailyscoop.com.sg (opens in new window)
- RoyceMary Cafe @ #01-13 Victory 8
Artisanal coffee-focused cafe. Noted for its handcrafted heart-shaped macaroons, and green tea lava cake.
The Visionaire EC · Restaurants
For family gatherings or get-togethers with friends & colleagues, there is a nice selection of restaurants here too.
- Orchid Live Seafood Restaurant @ 1 Bah Soon Pah Rd
An old family favourite for seafood. Serves dishes like chili mussels, bamboo clam, and cold crab. Find out more at www.orchidliveseafood.com.sg
- Auntie Kim’s Korean Restaurant @ 431 Sembawang Rd
- JJ Thai @ 8 Jalan Legundi
- The Prata Place @ 1 Thong Soon Ave
Head here for Indian fare or your prata fix. See www.theprataplace.com.sg
The Visionaire EC · The Bar Culture
- Quench @ #01-10 Orto, 81 Lorong Chencharu
One of the best bars around Canberra, in the Orto complex. Overlooks a fishing pond and known for its variety of craft beers. See www.quench.com.sg
- Flamingg Mangos @ 50 Jalan Malu-Malu
A grill and wine bar inside a private residential estate. Long time favourite of local residents. See www.flaminggmangos.com. The food joints of Sembawang can lay claim to some pretty inspired names.
- Handlebar @ 57 Jalan Mempurong
A biker bar at the northernmost tip of Singapore, with a view of Johor across the Straits of Johor. Another inspired name 🙂 Handlebar is famed for its BBQ hot wings, aka Cocaine Wings due to their addictiveness, with varying levels of of spiciness. See www.handlebaroriginal.com
THE VISIONAIRE EC · SHOWFLAT VIEWING · E-APPLICATION
If you would like to be kept posted on all the Visionaire EC updates or register for a showflat viewing, please email us here.