For those of us who delight in one of Singapore’s national pastimes – eating – just the thought of the foods around the Visionaire EC is enough to whet one’s appetite. Sembawang is a foodies’ haunt, home to some of the best known favourite eating places, with a mix of hawker classics juxtaposed against a growing cafe culture.
The Visionaire EC · Old Time Favourites Hawker Fare
If you come to live at the Visionaire EC, here is a quick list of tempting places to get your fix of hawker food:
- Chong Pang Market & Food Centre @ 104 Yishun Ring Rd
One of the favourite haunts of residents. Offers a wide choice of local hawker classics.
- Chong Pang Nasi Lemak @ 447 Sembawang Rd
Famous nasi lemak. Even has its own website www.chongpangnasilemak.com
- Sum’s Kitchen & Hong Kong Roasted Meats @ 3 Jalan Legundi
- Sembawang White Beehoon @ 22 Jalan Tampang
- 928 Yishun Laksa @ #01-155 Blk. 928 Yishun Central 1
- Chye Lye Fish Head Curry @ 1 Jalan Legundi
- Yishun 925 Hainanese Chicken Rice @ #01-249 Blk. 925 Yishun Central 1
- Ngee Fou Restaurant @ 928 Upper Thomson Rd
People come from all around the island for their really tasty Hakka Yong Tau Foo, so unlike that elsewhere.
The Visionaire EC · The Cafe Culture
When you tire of hawker fare, there are lots of new cafes for a change, and even specialty ice cream parlours. Victory 8 at 8 Jalan Legundi is home to some of them.
- Holy Cow Creamery, #01-291 292 Yishun St. 22
A hip & cool ice cream specialist, with its refreshingly unusual recipes. Like its best-selling handmade salted gula melaka ice cream. See www.facebook.com/HolyCowCreamery.sg
- Mootime @ #01-05 Victory 8
Ice-cream seems to inspire refreshingly apt names. Also serves gourmet flavours, waffles and desserts. www.facebook.com/mootimesg
- The Daily Scoop @ #01-05 Sembawang Cottage, 369 Sembawang Rd
New arrival. Another apt name. www.thedailyscoop.com.sg (opens in new window)
- RoyceMary Cafe @ #01-13 Victory 8
Artisanal coffee-focused cafe. Noted for its handcrafted heart-shaped macaroons, and green tea lava cake. See www.roycemarycafe.com for more.
The Visionaire EC · Restaurants
For family gatherings or get-togethers with friends & colleagues, there is a nice selection of restaurants here too.
- Orchid Live Seafood Restaurant @ 1 Bah Soon Pah Rd
An old family favourite for seafood. Serves dishes like chili mussels, bamboo clam, and cold crab. Find out more at www.orchidliveseafood.com.sg
- Auntie Kim’s Korean Restaurant @ 431 Sembawang Rd
- JJ Thai @ 8 Jalan Legundi
- The Prata Place @ 1 Thong Soon Ave
Head here for Indian fare or your prata fix. See www.theprataplace.com.sg
The Visionaire EC · The Bar Culture
- Quench @ #01-10 Orto, 81 Lorong Chencharu
One of the best bars around Canberra, in the Orto complex. Overlooks a fishing pond and known for its variety of craft beers. See www.quench.com.sg
- Flamingg Mangos @ 50 Jalan Malu-Malu
A grill and wine bar inside a private residential estate. Long time favourite of local residents. See www.flaminggmangos.com. The food joints of Sembawang can lay claim to some pretty inspired names.
- Handlebar @ 57 Jalan Mempurong
A biker bar at the northernmost tip of Singapore, with a view of Johor across the Straits of Johor. Another inspired name 🙂 Handlebar is famed for its BBQ hot wings, aka Cocaine Wings due to their addictiveness, with varying levels of of spiciness. See www.handlebaroriginal.com
THE VISIONAIRE EC · SHOWFLAT VIEWING · E-APPLICATION
If you would like to be kept posted on all the Visionaire EC updates or register for a showflat viewing, please email us here.